Friday 16 September 2016

'My week with Marylin Monroe'

How do I as a viewer, engage with Marilyn Monroe in the film?
Image result for my week with marilyn film

During the film 'My week with Marilyn' I felt like I did engage with Marilyn. I felt like I could understand her in the manner of how she felt about love and how she understood it. She understood it as being that sex and affection was love, not everything that comes with it such as the personality side and going out with each other etc.
I also got the impression that she was not easily pleased and that she could never be completely happy at any time apart from when she felt loved. It was as if she was desperate for it but maybe couldn't deal with it when she got it because she ended up pushing away the men that got closest to her. This could be a trust issue which she had faced from previous relationships and had carried on effecting her throughout later partnerships.
I also felt like she was harsh to Eddie Redmayne who played Colin Clarke in the film as she didn't really engage with him in the right manner. It was as if she wanted him to fall in love with her, but for her not to fall in love with him and was potentially playing games with him, like she new what she was doing. This links in with how she was so desperate for men to love her and for her to understand what love felt like. She was good at giving off the wrong impressions.


No comments:

Post a Comment